Providing make-up air for exhaust devices is easy, controlling it is not - until now. BROAN® LinkLogic® Make-Up Air Dampers, when interlocked with slave dampers, open in unison to provide synchronized operation for kitchen, bath and whole house ventilation products. For use with SmartSense® ventilation fans and select BROAN® range hoods to provide balanced indoor air pressure. LinkLogic® installs in any electrical box for simple installation. The intelligent design options ensure optimum performance in a variety of installations and applications.
- Interlocked make-up air dampers provide make-up air when called for to keep the home comfortable by allowing the range hood to operate at optimum levels
- LinkLogic® design works with SmartSense® ventilation fans and select Broan®® range hoods to balance indoor air pressure by providing interlocked make-up air. SMD8 uses existing AC wiring to communicate between the damper control and ventilation devices with no added wiring
- Slave dampers (MD6S or MD8S) are interlocked to the main automatic or universal make-up air damper and open in unison for synchronized operation. They close, along with the main damper, as soon as the range hood is powered off.
- Can be used to meet International Residential Code (IRC)-based requirements for make-up air
- Interlocked make-up air systems avoid wasted energy associated with barometric solutions and do not let unwanted air into the home during heating or cooling activities so air pressure is equalized for a well-balanced environment
- Fresh air wall caps are required for use with Make-Up Air Dampers
- See interactive Make-Up Air Specifier Tool for suggested model(s)
Extended warranties are usually very inexpensive and can save you thousands in the future.
It's simple and inexpensive to purchase extended warranties and one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.
can be large, heavy and expensive. You probably don't have the special tools or expertise needed to fix them in a crisis. If you can spare a few thousand dollars without batting an eyelash for new
should they break tomorrow, don't buy a warranty. But if you're like most of us, protect yourself by purchasing inexpensive extended warranties when you buy a new product and save yourself big money in the long run.